Why yes… I have been quite busy… busy doing a lot of things, seeing shows, going to conventions, listening to audiobooks… here is what is upcoming as soon as I find time to sit down and write them out:
- Christopher Moore’s A Dirty Job
- The Blind Side and other related audiobooks to Michael Oher’s life
- Veronica Roth’s Divergent
- Kill Shakespeare Graphic Novel Vols 1 & 2
- Kill Shakespeare: the staged graphic novel
- Priscilla Queen of the Desert: Chicago Tour Stop
- Catch Me if You Can: Chicago Tour Stop
- Big Fish: Pre-Broadway Engagement
- American Idiot: Chicago Tour Stop
- Anything Goes: Chicago Tour Stop
- Village Theatre Guild’s A Hatful of Rain
- Denver Performance Center’s Sense and Sensibility (Musical)
- Fabletown and Beyond Convention in Rochester, Minnesota
- Disneyland / Disney’s California Adventure (from February)
Yeeeeeaaaaaah, I am a wee busy. Not to mention that I am also in another theatre production (on and off stage work) and have other blogging duties to catch up on….
At least you all will know why I’m a wee slow at the moment. Hopefully I’ll start picking at that mountain before it becomes too high.
Because it is the surname I chose for myself way back in the stone ages of the internet when I picked up the pseudonym “Marianya”. “Klis” was a surname of a family from an old story idea I had back in grade school and it stuck to me ever since.
It’s that time of the year again and I am more than swamped between my day life and night life (if one could call it that). But what have I been up to? Well… Let’s start with shows that I have been or will be a part of:
- Sound of Music: I was helping out with set / stage crew for this little ditty. But because I was a part of the show in some capacity I won’t be writing my thoughts about this production
- Sister Mary Ignatius: this controversial piece was suppose to have its run in December, however due to casting difficulties the cast at that time (myself included) agreed to postpone the show until March
- Blithe Spirit: rehearsal have yet to start, but this show will open in mid-February
You can find more information about upcoming shows that I am in via my Thespian page.
So I suppose you can say that I will be in rehearsals non stop until at least end of March… But what else has been going on in my life?
So… I finally decided to follow through with NaNoWriMo and chose to work on a script that not only has been on back burner but I made the mistake of deleting the original composition last month. Looking at the original hard copy, I had a lot of revisions regardless… so I felt this was a good project to work on first and see how far I could take it.
Most of the research and breaking down of the scenes were done months (if not years) ago, and now is just the matter of putting thought to paper… and already I was beginning to see changes on screen and improvements that I could add into the piece… which I did as I typed.
What is it exactly that I am working on? Can’t say… or rather, won’t say… considering that I still have to finish it. Granted I may actually make mention of it on my writing blog: Beyond the Abyss, but I won’t inundate you with details here.
She goes so far as to say what part of the recipe she followed – because if you remember I strayed from the path a bit – and cuts off the recipe portion from there and just continues with what she did.
Following the recipe directly using one standard cake box mix, it made 21 cupcakes for me, with plenty of frosting to cover them all. It might be a tiny too little if you manage 24 cupcakes. The cupcakes are some of the lightest and fluffiest cupcakes that I have ever had. One of mine even turned onto the side in the oven. It was undamaged but quite funny to me. The cupcakes are so good that you can honestly eat them without the frosting. They’re good with them, but the average cupcake is nothing without its frosting.
I would definitely agree with that assessment… but what about her verdict? Continue reading →